I have tried many weight loss trends in the past including atkins (made me constantly hungry) and hydroxycut pills (Felt like I was taking speed).
The Only thing that worked for me (and felt healthy) in the past was going on the Lindora program. Mind you, I was 13 when I went on lindora and stuck to it, losing 40lbs in 2 months. I believe the reason why I gained the weight back (and then some) was because of my emotional problems. I believe I was simply too young at that time to make a permanent lifestyle change.
More recently, I have been overcoming severe depression and Anxiety. Going on and off medications the last four years has made me gain a tremendous amount of weight, but at the time I felt my mental health was more important.
Now that I am mentally much stronger I believe I can take on the weight loss as well.
The Food for me is simple. For some reason, I don’t crave things like cake and hamburgers anymore. It just isnt worth it.
I am following the Lindora Dieting Plan. Which is based on mainly 5 things:
1) Counting carbs, NOT calories.
Carbs are between 60-80 per day.
2) Water Intake.
80 ounces per day MINIMUM.
3) High Protein.
Snacking on protein 3 times a day between meals with things like string cheese and cold cuts. Also, once a week you take one day and eat nothing but protein, so as to shock your body into ketosis.
4) Eating every 2.5-3 Hours.
This helps keep your metabolism up throughout the day.
5) No Bread.
Don’t eat pasta, rice, tortillas, waffles, etc.
Again, I am a stir-fry loving freak. So cutting out things like pasta is not that difficult for me. I LOVE to cook, and can get really creative (I’ll be sure to post some recipes).
I have cut out alcohol. (But I would have a glass of something on a holiday like christmas). The point is to treat it more like a treat- something once in a blue moon. Even then, I am going to probably drink vodka due to its low carb content as compared with something like whiskey or wine.
I also am limiting my soda intake. I only drink diet soda- however, diet soda contains sodium and the extra salt just isnt worth it. ***To cope with this, I have opted for seltzer water which contains no sodium, just bubbles
Lindora only requires you to walk 10,000 steps a day.
However, I suffer from severe social anxiety which makes it hard to step outside let alone go to the gym.
Therefore, I Have invested in purchasing an elliptical.
I workout HARD 30 minutes, Twice a day.
When I am finished with each workout I am pouring with sweat.
I also do mild strength training to build up arm and tummy muscles.
Setting Up My House for Weight Loss:
I don’t know about other people but my BIGGEST problem with losing weight is my motivation. Some days it’s great and I have no problems. And on other days you want to kick someone because you are frustrated and exhausted.
So in order to keep my thoughts positive throughout this process I have created a Few reminders around the house:
1) I printed out in LARGE BOLD letters different phrases that will bring up my mood and pinned them up, at eye level, around my house.
For ex. One states “Your Body Will Fight You The Whole Way, Don’t Let It Win.”
or— “It is YOUR story. YOU decide how it ends.”
2) I have made charts to track my weight loss that I have hung on the wall where I weigh in every day. This helps me to feel how far I have come.
3) I have sat down and written all the reasons why I WANT to do this.
I Printed it out and stuck it on my fridge.
4) Also, on my fridge I put a photograph of some very over weight women, to constantly remind my self what I do not want to become physically.
5) In addition, I have also put a photograph of an Inspirational woman who has lost a lot of weight.
6) And of course, this blog and this website is also a tremendous factor of support throughout this process.
7) I also record shows such as “the biggest loser” and “I used to be fat” for inspiration.