Toning your body up works out the best if you follow a well-balanced toning routine, which includes a healthy diet, strength training, cardio and stretching. A combination of these will allow building a healthy and beautiful muscular body.
Be sure to exercise regularly, 3 days a week with one day break in between. Start with one set of exercises, gradually building up the number of sets.
Step 1: Eat a Healthy Diet
Exercising will burn the calories and train your muscles, but consuming less calories will do an extra job. Therefore, eat foods rich with vitamins and minerals, giving a preference to low-calorie foods. Remember to drink plenty of water.
Step 2: Stretching and Cardio
Start and finish your training with stretching your muscles.
Cardio is essential for increasing your heart rate and burning fat. You can choose between jogging, spinning or stepping. Start with 2-3 minutes of moderate cardio, and then gradually increase the speed. Do such cardio for 20 minutes.
Step 3: Strength Exercises
While performing resistance exercises, use light and medium weights in order to avoid excessive muscle training (use 2-4 kg weights for each arm). It is more effective to do more repetitions than using heavy weights. Repeat each exercise 10-15 times.
- Squats: Hold the weights. Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Tighten abdominals. Bend your knees and lower the hips towards the floor. Your knees should be bent at 90 degree angle. Return to the main position. The exercise trains gluts, hamstrings, calves and quads.
- Lunges: Use the weights. Standing, put one foot forward and another one back. Bend your knees and keep them at 90 degree angles. Slowly return to the main position pushing back up. This exercise trains the same muscles as the previous exercise does.
- Dumbell Press: Lie down on your back. Keep the spinal attached to the floor. Bend your legs and keep the feet flat on the floor. Keep weights in your arms extended straight upwards. Bend the arms lowering the elbows placing them perpendicularly on the sides of your body, and bent at 90 degrees. Slowly push your arms back up to the start position. Chest, shoulder and triceps muscles are trained here.
- Dumbell Rows: Use the weights. Stand with your feet hip-width apart. Bend over the waist until your torso is parallel to the floor. Bend your arms at 45 degree angle, keep the knees slightly bent. Slowly extend your arms downwards, then return to the start position. Lat muscles, arms and shoulders are trained in this exercise.
- Alternate Arm and Leg Exercise: Stand with your knees and hands on the floor. Tighten the stomach. Raise your left leg and right arm so that they are both parallel to the floor. Hold the position for 5-10 seconds and return to the start posture. Repeat the exercise raising right leg and left arm. Training is provided to abdominals and the spinal.
- Double Crunches: Lie down. Keep your feet on the floor bent at 45 degree angle. Put your arms behind your head. Tighten your stomach and simultaneously raise your chest and knees upwards towards each other. Return to the start position. Training is provided to abdominal muscles.
- Finish the workout with thorough stretching.
Perform this program 3 days a week building up the amount of sets to 2 and later to 3. Try adding other strength exercises after getting used to this program. Remember that regular training and a healthy diet are both essential for achieving great results.