Best Protein Powder To Advance Muscle Growth
If you are looking to grow your muscle mass then the best protein powder for you is going to be whey protein. Whey protein has quickly become the premier protein for muscle growth because of its high levels of quality protein and low levels of saturated fat content (that accompany other high protein foods like beef and eggs).
Why Whey Protein is the Best
Whey protein is full of amino acids, and these amino acids are an essential element in creating new muscle growth. Whey protein provides the easiest and most inexpensive way to supply these amino acids to your body.
Whey protein can also enhance your immune system. Working out stresses your body, and if you do not add adequate nutrients, your immune system will begin to suffer. This can cause ongoing health problems. Whey protein contains glutathione, a molecule found in every cell that acts as an antioxidant.
Choosing a Whey Powder
There are hundreds of powders on the market. With all the different information, it can be difficult to pick one that will suit your needs. You want to look for something that is low in carbohydrates and sugar, and you should always read the labels before buying any product. You should pick a quality protein based on a reputable manufacturer, and it should come with a price you can afford.
Two types of whey protein powders are:
- Isolates: these are the easiest and quickest for your body to digest and make the best in protein efficiency. They are the best option when your protein levels have been depleted and make a great pre-and post-workout solution.
- Concentrates: these are more cost effective than isolates. They include isolates as well as ion-exchange and hydrolyzed proteins to enhance the protein content.
If cost is no factor, isolates are a better powder, but they will cost nearly twice as much as concentrates. Either solution adds high quality protein to your diet.
With either product, you will not have excessive muscle growth without excessive work. You will, however, be able to meet your protein needs and enhance your workout and muscle growth over time.
Whey is Just a Supplement
As with all protein supplements, they are meant to be just that: a supplement. Nothing can replace a healthy diet packed with lean protein, carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables, and healthy fats. These protein powders should be taken as part of a healthy high protein diet when it is challenging to eat six meals a day and meet high protein intake goals. They should not be used as a meal replacement.
- Vegan Protein Powder for Muscle Building
- Vegan Rice Protein: Powder vs. Normal Protein Powder
- What’s Amino Acid Powder? Do I Need It?
- Best Protein For Women And Their Nutritional Needs
- Boost Nutrition With Protein Powder For Women