The Skinny Bitch Diet is a diet book written by best friends Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin who have a unique way of getting their point across. As you can probably guess by the title, the language inside the book is a bit colorful, to say the least, but it’s an entertaining read that adults should be able to handle.
The authors of this book are self-proclaimed “skinny bitches” and they are convinced that you will be too if you follow their diet. The diet itself is strictly vegetarian and they aren’t afraid to tell you why that is. There are pretty graphic parts in this book where they talk about animal cruelty and they go on to describe meat as ‘dead, rotting, decomposing flesh.’ That gives you a little insight as to how brash the Skinny Bitch Diet is. While some people may have difficulty reading this book, there are definitely some valid points that are made.
Benefits of the Skinny Bitch Diet
- Promotes a diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Most of us probably know that fruits and vegetables should make up a good part of any good nutrition program. If you didn’t know, Rory and Kim are here to remind you how important fruits and veggies are. They’re low in fat and calories and they have the fiber our bodies need to stay regular.
- No need to count calories. Some diets involve counting points of some kind or counting calories, but that isn’t the case with the Skinny Bitch Diet. Eating three meals per day following their guidelines is all that you need to do.
- Instructs dieters to always read nutrition labels. We should all be reading nutrition labels, but let’s face it, not many of us do. If we did we probably wouldn’t choose a lot of the food we currently eat because we’d see how bad it actually is for us.
- One month of meal plans is included. If you are at a loss as far as how to start the Skinny Bitch Diet, they provide you with a month’s worth of meal plans that you can follow.
- Consuming sugar, alcohol and caffeine is discouraged. The Skinny Bitch authors refer to sugar as ‘the devil’ and their feelings towards artificial sweeteners are the same. If you’re eating foods high in sugar and/or consuming alcohol or caffeinated drinks, it can easily put a damper on any weight loss efforts.
If you need a kick in the pants to start dieting and losing weight, the authors of Skinny Bitch have come to the rescue. Their system is unlike any other diet system out there and they have an entertaining way of educating you about the foods you should and should not be eating. Their approach may be a bit brash for some people, but if you don’t mind a couple of feisty females telling you what to do, this may be the diet you’ve been waiting for all along.