The anti-aging diet comes from a position that certain foods can help stop or even reverse damage to the body by the aging process. It consists of a diet of leafy vegetables, fish, nuts and other foods. It is far from the typical American diet, and it may be hard to come up with meal ideas. Here are a few ideas for meals that can be used for lunch or dinner.
1. Salad Ideas
If you think salads are boring, here are a few ideas to keep your salads interesting and delicious.
- The first salad takes baby greens mixed with salmon, walnuts and mixed berries. Top it off with a dash of wine vinaigrette.
- For a yummy spinach and strawberry salad, toss 4 cups of spinach with 2 cups of sliced strawberries. Mix in a dressing that is 2 parts olive oil with 1 part balsamic vinegar. Add a little feta cheese to the top.
- Another interesting idea is mix spinach with some hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, onions and bacon. Drizzle it with some nice bacon vinaigrette.
- You can make another spinach salad by adding baby spinach leaves with grated carrots and sliced tomatoes. You can add any combination of olive oil and vinegar for dressing or add it to a sandwich!
- You can also play around with your standard variety green salad by using lettuce, spinach or cabbage. You never need use the same combinations of ingredients twice!
2. Sweet and Spicy Curried Rice
Cook brown rice according to its directions with the following exceptions. When the water starts to boil, before adding the rice, add curry powder and some golden raisins. Then, stir in the rice and finish cooking. While the rice is cooking, toast some pine nuts and add them on top of the rice.
3. Chicken with Broccoli and Cauliflower
Cook the chicken by any means you wish. Add broccoli and cauliflower. It can be steamed, boiled or even raw. Drizzle with olive oil and any herbs and spices you desire.
4. Turkey or Salmon Sandwich
Add turkey or salmon to either whole wheat or sunflower bread. Place any combination of avocado, spinach leaves, sprouts, carrots, onions and tomatoes in your sandwich and enjoy.
Mix chopped garlic, yellow bell peppers and cucumbers. Stir in some diced tomatoes as well as vegetable juice. Add olive oil and lemon juice and mix thoroughly. If necessary, spice it up with some hot sauce, such as Tabasco.
6. Salmon Fajitas
Next time you grill up some fajitas, you can make them more anti-aging diet friendly by adding salmon to them instead of chicken.
7. Garlic Marinated Chicken
Mix together a sauce by adding chopped garlic to ginger, lemon juice and soy sauce. Use it to marinate chicken breasts for at least an hour. Cook the chicken in any way you wish. You can serve it with steamed veggies and brown rice.
The anti-aging diet has many other simple recipes and meals you can make. Go ahead and experiment and see what ideas you can come up with on your own.