Acid Alkaline Diet Simplified: 8 Great Snacks

Acid Alkaline Diet Simplified: 8 Great Snacks

The Acid Alkaline Diet is based up on the belief that particular foods leave an alkaline ash or residue in the human body, throwing off the bodies pH levels. This puts unnecessary stress on the body. This diet focuses on eating specific foods, particularly citrus fruits, vegetables, nuts and legumes to help maintain the pH balance of the body. White flour, dairy, meat, sugar, alcohol, caffeine and fungi are all avoided on the Acid Alkaline Diet due to their acidity levels. The belief is that by maintaining a healthy pH balance, individuals can prevent cancer, obesity, fatigue and allergies. Dieters should aim to eat 80% alkaline foods and 20% acidic foods. The meal plan for the Acid Alkaline Diet recommends eating breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack and dinner. Below are several snacks recommended for the Acid-Alkaline Diet.

1. Medium Banana and 6 Almonds

This is a great snack for the Acid Alkaline Diet because bananas are considered an acidic food while almonds are an alkaline forming food.

2. Dried Fruit and Nuts

  • 2 tbsp dried fruit
  • 2 oz almonds
  • Unsweetened herbal tea

The dried fruits are considered acidic while the almonds and tea are an alkaline food and drink, making this a well balanced snack for the Acid Alkaline Diet.

3. Nuts and Fruit Juice

  • 6 oz freshly squeezed carrot juice
  • 8 cashews

This is an excellent snack for individuals on the Acid Alkaline Diet because the carrot juice is an alkaline food, while the cashews are an acidifying food, creating a perfect balance.

4. Fruit, Medium Size

Fruits are considered alkaline on this diet. Good choices include apples, apricots, avocados, bananas, berries, cantaloupe, blackberries, sour cherries, fresh coconut, grapes, grapefruits, honeydew, nectarines, oranges, limes, lemons, oranges, pears, peaches, pineapples, strawberries, tangerines and watermelons.

5. Dried Fruit and Tea

A serving of dried fruit (approximately 3 tbsp) and a cup of herbal tea is a great snack on the Acid Alkaline Diet because the fruit is considered acidifying, while the tea is an alkalizing beverage.

6. Salad Greens

Two cups of plain salad greens, which can consist of spinach, lettuce, chard or collard greens, are a great snack. All of these greens are alkaline vegetables.

7. Bread and Cheese

  • 1 slice whole grain bread
  • 1 oz cheese

On the Acid Alkaline Diet, a slice of whole grain bread is considered an acidifying grain while all natural cheese is an alkaline food.

8. 3 Black Mission Figs

Black mission figs are an excellent choice on the Acid Alkaline Diet because they are an alkaline food while also offering substantial amounts of satisfying fiber.

Based on the beliefs of the Acid Alkaline Diet, dieters should strive to eat foods that work to help balance the body’s pH levels. If unhealthy foods are consumed, the body has to work extra hard to maintain a balanced pH. This leads to a host of health problems including obesity and fatigue. Utilize the list above as a guide so you can start creating your own snacks. Remember to follow the suggestion that 80% of your snack should come from alkaline foods and the remaining 20% should come from acidic foods.

No Comments Yet.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *