While following a low fat high carbohydrate diet, you may realize that there are certain disadvantages and advantages to this style of eating. Since food that contains high amounts of fat helps in the development of heart diseases, and even cancer, you need to pay attention to the foods you consume.
Benefits of the Diet
Besides helping in the prevention of heart diseases and several types of cancer, low fat high carbohydrate foods can also:
- Promote weight loss through high carb fruits and vegetables that are rich in antioxidants and fiber
- Maintain low blood sugar levels
- Help in the prevention of hypercholesterolemia
Downsides Of A Low Fat High Carb Diet
Unfortunately, this diet also seems to have several side effects. In the end, it is up to you whether the benefits are more important. Some downsides include:
- Calorie intake is increased if bread and pasta – foods high in carbs – are consumed in excess
- Deficiency of vitamins A, K, and E, which are typically found in fatty foods
- Elevated risk of pancreatic and breast cancer, as revealed in two studies conducted in Mexico
After analyzing both the benefits and downsides of this diet, you will be able to determine whether it is worth it to consume low fat high carbohydrate foods.