With all of the things that need to be done every day, it is hard to find enough hours to get in shape. Try these 30 minute fat burning routines, using interval training, for a quick workout that gives results.
1. Interval Training on Elliptical Machine
The elliptical machine is a great machine because it allows you to adjust the speed and intensity of your workout. Engage in 30 minutes on an elliptical machine doing this interval routine. The workout is as follows:
- start with 6 minutes at a medium incline (on most machines this is a 5 or 6)
- change the setting to high incline (10 to 12) for 2 minutes
- put the incline back down to a comfortable level (around 3 to 6) for 2 minutes
- raise the incline back to 10 or 12 for another 2 minutes and push backwards
- lower the incline down to medium for 6 minutes
2. Interval Training on a Treadmill (the 5,4,3,2,1 workout)
The treadmill is another option that is ideal for interval training. This machine also allows for variations in speed and incline.Â Try this 30 minute workout that can be adjusted for walking or running.
- begin at a quick but comfortable pace about 1-2 miles per hour for 5 minutes
- increase the intensity and raise the incline to about a 5 or 6 on the machine for 4 minutes
- continue at a quick pace but lower the incline to a 3 or 4 for 3 minutes
- slow your pace and lower the incline so that you are almost flat again for 2 minutes
- walk at a comfortable quick pace for 1 minute
3. Interval Training at Home
For an at home exercise routine that incorporates quick aerobics with fat burning try this exercise routine. This routine is done without any machines and involves walking and running. This is an exercise routine that is easily adjustable for beginners and intermediates, depending on fitness level.
- begin with moderate walking pace 1-2Â miles per hourÂ for 6 minutes
- increase your intensity by “power walking” for another 4 minutes approximately 2 to 3 mph
- pick up the pace to a slow jogÂ approximatly 3 to 4 mphÂ for 5 minutes
- when you are comfortable, slowly increase your pace to about 8 mph for 10 minutes
- slow your pace back to 3 to 4 mph for 3 minutes
- end your workout with a cool down at about 1-2 mph
This workout allows anyone to have a quick aerobic and cardio workout without equipment or machines.Â It can be easily modified for any fitness level.
These three 30 minute fat burning routines allow for flexibility in speed and level of intensity. Each routine allows for you to customize the workout to suit your fitness level. It is important to remember to try to hit your target heart rate at the most intense part of the workout. Your targetÂ heart rate is the optimized rate that your heart should beat during physical activity.Â While it is hard to find time to workout, these quick workouts are easy and will give you a great fat burning workout.