While beige, black and white may go with everything, sometimes it is a good idea to think of ways to add color to your lifestyle. Whether it’s in your wardrobe, your decor or even your food, color can lift your mood and create a stunning look.
Ways to Add Color to Your Wardrobe
Wearing color can make your outfit stand out. It can also do great things for your hair and your skin. Here are a few tips on how to wear color and not look over the top.
1. Don’t overdo it. If you don’t wear a lot of color, going overboard will leave you feeling uncomfortable. Start off slow and see how it goes before adding bright colors and crazy patterns to your wardrobe.
2. While black is a great basic color, it’s time to think about introducing some new neutral colors to your wardrobe. Navy, gray, white, brown and beige are great additions to any wardrobe.
3. Pick colors that go well with your hair and your skin. While there are many beauty experts out there waving around color wheels, only you will know what works for your skin tone. While certain colors may not look bad on particular skin tones, other colors will complement them better.
4. Using bright accessories is a great way to make a statement while adding a little color to your life. Some good accessories are brightly colored handbags and shoes, scarves, belts and sunglasses.
5. If you don’t want to spend a lot of time and energy planning what colors to wear, why not go all out and buy a multicolored dress? Patterned dresses are always a popular fashion item and are easy to wear.
6. Jewelry is a great way to add color to an outfit. If the clothing worn is simple, some festive jewelry can become the standout accessory.
7. Wearing a pair of jeans and a funky top is great way to be fashionable without going over the top. To dress up the outfit, add some heels.
How to Add Color to Your Lifestyle
The wardrobe does not have to be the only aspect of your life that has some color in it. Check out these tips to brighten up your life with some color.
1. Even modern homes need a little something different. Dress up the walls with some art. If you can’t afford to get originals, buy some affordable prints. These look great and they don’t cost a lot.
2. If you’re tired of looking at a dull desk at work every day, you can spice it up with some colorful accessories. These may be a funky toy, picture frames or some posters tacked up on your cubicle walls.
3. Color does not have to be limited to decorating and fashion. Eating colorful fruits and vegetables will give your body much needed antioxidants and leave you feeling vibrant and healthy.
4. If you have any pets, consider purchasing some colorful pet accessories. There are great collars and pet beds on the market. You can also dress up your animals with cute outfits that can be purchased for great prices online.
Adding some color to your lifestyle will not only make you and your surroundings look better, but you will also feel better. Using color will lift your mood and create positive energy in your life.