The Fat Loss 4 Idiots Diet is a weight loss program that can be purchased online. People who have tried the diet tout its success and claim that in addition to losing a lot of weight quickly, they’ve also kept the weight off.
The Lowdown on the Fat Loss 4 Idiots Diet
The diet utilizes a weight loss industry trick called “calorie shifting.” The idea is to prevent your metabolism from slowing. You calculate your caloric needs by the week, rather than daily, and then you consume a different number of calories each day. In addition, you vary your carb/protein intake so that you generally eat only carbs with carbs, and proteins with proteins. You do get to mix carbs and proteins for one meal a few times a week.
Snacking on the Fat Loss 4 Idiots Diet
Ideally, you don’t snack on the Fat Loss 4 Idiots Diet, but eat four meals daily. If you prefer, you can turn a meal into a snack, or you can add snack items to a meal to help you feel less deprived of goodies. The Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet offers access to a menu generator, which gives you a list of foods from which to choose. Bear in mind that the idea behind the diet is to manipulate the types of food you eat so your body’s metabolism never settles. It’s a good idea to take that into consideration when you’re adding snacks.
For example, on a day when you would eat 3 carb meals and 1 protein/carb mixed meal, your snacks should reflect that. You can have a warm plum (see below) with a piece of toast for breakfast, but save your handful of cashews to eat with your protein/carb mixed meal. It’s important to stick with your daily carb/protein ratio.
Great Snack Ideas
- Orange-Pineapple Smoothie: Blend orange juice, nonfat milk, pineapple chunks and 1/2 banana.
- Spicy Cashews: Toss about 30 cashews with chili powder and roast in a toaster oven for a couple of minutes.
- Frozen Grapes: This is a wonderful munchie to add to the end of your meal. Freeze green, red or purple grapes until firm. Enjoy before they begin to thaw.
- Frozen Yogurt: Take a small container of your favorite yogurt, dump it into a bowl and freeze, stirring every few minutes, until it’s just getting firm.
- Cinnamon Walnuts: Put a couple of drops of Stevia in a small bowl with about a half teaspoon of water, add enough cinnamon to make a thin paste. Toss in walnuts and mix until walnuts are coated.
- Warm Plum: Slice a plum in half, sprinkle it with 0-carb sweetener and cinnamon. Warm in a toaster over until the top begins to bubble.
- Mock Grapefruit Sorbet: Put grapefruit in a blender with 0-carb sweetener to taste and a handful of ice cubes. Blend until thick.
- Hard Boiled Egg: Enjoy a hard boiled egg dipped in seasoning salt.
- Lean Roast Beef: Roll a couple of slices of lean deli roast beef and dip in horseradish.
- Fruit Dessert: Cool Whip, kiwi, pineapple, strawberries, banana.